Playing around with Storify (and probably leaking data all over the place), but I wanted to highlight a much-needed conversation that’s beginning about economics and privacy at the Federal Trade Commission.
Privacy pro in Big Law. This is a chronicle of thoughts on law and policy from a technoprivacy nerd in Washington from 2013-2015.
- The Future of Privacy: More Data and More Choices November 28, 2015
- The How/What/When/Where of Location Data October 28, 2015
- Voter Privacy and the Future of Democracy October 19, 2015
- Practical Privacy in 60 Minutes: Computers Freedom & Privacy 2015 October 14, 2015
- Ethics and Privacy in the Data-Driven World September 22, 2015
- So @Natasha_Duarte just called me an "email gunner" and now I'm both depressed and jetlagged. Time ago 4 Hours via Twitter Web Client
- Go off the grid for a weekend, and Illinois becomes ground zero in the privacy wars. t.co/jpnX52avSg Time ago 4 Hours via Twitter Web Client
- @AletheaLange @BerinSzoka "One of us. One of us." Time ago 4 Hours via Twitter Web Client
- Strolling around town ahead of #RightsCon and I stumbled across the @EU_EDPS! t.co/W1lnNJf8y2 Time ago 6 Hours via Twitter for iPhone
- RT @pewinternet: Some experts we canvassed argued for public education to instill literacy about how algorithms function t.co/XWJ0M… Time ago 11 Hours via Twitter for iPhone
Follow @joejerome on twitter.
American Exceptionalism augmented reality Big Data books civilization civil liberties comunication Constitution consumerism democracy doodles drones economy education equality ethics Europe European law fiction Fourth Amendment frameworks free market human rights law legislation media national security podcast policy politics privacy religion rhetoric rural same-sex marriage shutdown society Supreme Court surveillance technology technoprivacy panic transparency urban warfare writing